Fourth of July Drive-In Fireworks Show
Rancho Cordova Fourth of July
Rancho Cordova’s traditional Fourth of July Parade and Festival have been canceled this year, but for those who cannot get through Independence Day without some high-flying fireworks, a first-time ever “Drive-In Fireworks Show” is on its way.
The Cordova Community Council is putting the finishing touches on a free aerial fireworks show for July 4, though thanks to the coronavirus, you will watch from your vehicle.
The show will be launched from a site on Kilgore Road, and surrounding businesses are supporting the show by offering their parking lots from where you can catch the view.
The lots will be accessed from Prospect Park Drive between International Drive and White Rock Road. Lots will open at 7 p.m. and the show will begin at approximately 9:45 p.m. on July 4.
But there will be rules of the road never before seen at the Rancho Cordova Fourth of July. Like most events in the age of COVID-19, persons age 65 and older, or with underlying health conditions such as heart ailments or diabetes, are advised not to attend.
To discourage gathering behavior, there will be no concessions or other attractions at this event.
In order to abide by COVID-19 safety guidelines, the following rules will apply:
- Each vehicle should be occupied by members of the same household who have already been in close contact with each other.
- Vehicles must be parked six feet apart.
- Attendees are expected to remain inside their vehicle for the entire time and wear masks if outside.
- No early birds!
- No tailgating or BBQs, no alcohol, no pets, no RVs or trailers, no vending.
- No personal fireworks -- leave the pyrotechnics to the pros!
While it is not a perfect solution, the show will be great, and with especially high-flying fireworks, visible from not only the reserved parking lots, but various parts of Rancho Cordova.